01 January 2018

Blue Monday Calendar is Go?

I had previously alluded to a new calendar feature to begin this year - a year which oh, so conveniently begins on a Monday. In my Cultural Archeology digs, i had encountered several weekly desktop calendars, including date matches for the next 3 years. So i decided to start running each week's calendar as a regular Blue Monday feature since they were all image appropriate.

Damnedest thing, though. The calendar intended for this year seems to have gone walkabout. I've hunted here, there, and beyond the bush, and still no sign of the critter. Alas.

At the last minute, a replacement dropped into my hands -a G-Taste manga calendar with one girl for each week, and one for each weekend. It's an odd little thing, not at all what i had intended. But it will give us a start at the start, and i'm not afraid of changing horses midstream.


Presentation kind of sucks on this calendar. I'm not fond of this design for a few reasons. A full third of every page is wasted white space for the logo. I don't mind, can even appreciate, breaking the week and the weekend apart, but with all that empty space they've left the actual calendar of the calendar too small. The date circles could easily be doubled or trebled in size making it more usable, and perhaps more visually balanced, too.

Still - it was very nice of the girls to show up when they did.

So, we'll go ahead and start off with this one, but it's likely to either get modified in layout, or acquire a companion calendar to join it. Even i have to create a new calendar from old artwork.
If things warm up into double digit Fahrenheit around here, i'll be back with an actual Blue Monday post. Otherwise, i'm off to slaughter a Tauntaun.



2 comments:

  1. I don't like the faces and find myself curiously repelled by some aspect of them. It looks like kids' faces on adult bodies. I know that's the Manga style, but I'm not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is that they actually look rather adult for a lot of manga styled work.
    I was feeling off about it, too, and decided to do something about it. Unless someone requests a continuation of this series, we'll be switching over exclusively to the new calendar i just finished reworking. I think you'll find it as much more appealing. I know i do.

    ReplyDelete